UCI WORLD MASTERS GRAND FONDO CHAMPIONSHIPS
* UCI World Masters Road Championships @ Varese Italy @ 2 Sept - Both Graeme Cocks & Peter Budd represented BiciSport in Varese. Peter has had a stellar road season to date but an untimely puncture at the 80k mark (of a 135k Masters Championship) didn't help proceedings.
BICISPORT MEMBER NEWS
* RAW Track @ DGV @ 7 Sept - David Browne (BiciSport Happy Wheels) is currently leads (just) in the Division 2 pointscore at RAW at DGV with one round remaining. Exciting ... hear the crowd scream !
* Newcastle @ 9 Sept - Ruth Strapp took 3rd in C grade at Hunter Valley Masters (from 25 starters). Rhett Hall rode well in A grade for a peloton finish. Both Ruth & Rhett are going to the NSW Masters Championships in Orange in two weeks time.
* Gunning Weekend @ 8-9 Sept - Randolph Baral took an excellent second in the Saturday ITT for Masters 4-5 from 12 starters. Sunday offered the Road Races over the challenging Gunning road circuit to Breadalbane & return. The wind was up and it was a very tough day out. Div 1 over 140k - Conor Tarlington rode well for 15th for a peloton finish considering the windy conditions. Div 3 over 90k - Declan Jones took a fine 7th in a close bunch sprint.
HAPPY WHEELS NEWS
* Randolph Baral has joined the Happy Wheels team effective immediately
RACING THIS WEEK
* 14 September - Final RAW Track (DGV Velodrome) ... will David van der Browne take Division 2 ?
* 15-16 Sept - Amys Otway Tour (NRS), Amy's Gran Fondo (Vic) - BiciSport starter Peter Budd
* 16 Sept - Waratah Club Championships - No Visitors (Waratah Masters CC), Mt Ku Ring Gai Criteriums (Northern Sydney CC)
BICISPORT GROUP RIDES THIS WEEK
For further details please contact 0417 403 244
* Motor traffic conditions are HEAVIER with the NSW School term in full swing.
* Note -
Forest Way (at Forestville)
Warringah Rd (at Allambie Heights)
Pittwater Rd (at Dee Why) with center lane reconstruction
Military Rd (Cremorne to Neutral Bay) with center lane reconstruction
Forest Way & Mona Vale Rd (Terrey Hills) with intersection reconstruction
All group rides are cancelled if wet
* 10, 12, 14 Sept - Centennial Park Lower Loop @ 8.00am (to 9.15am)
* 12 Sept (Wed) - Berowra Gruppetto @ 7.30am @ opposite Berowra Railway Station for 60k to Calga & return. Dunc Gray Velodrome 160 Lapper @ 7.00pm (a fast & slow group options)
* 13 Sept (Thurs) - Happy Wheels Waterloo Ride @ 6.00am @ Happy Wheels shop at Waterloo. Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride @ Centennial Park Spruce Goose Cafe @ 10.30am
* 15 Sept - Bennelong Bridge (East Side) @ Rhodes @ 8.00am (4x10k loops around SOPA). BiciSport Coffee at Miramire Sandstone Cafe (enter off Myoora Rd) @ 9.30am
* 16 Sept - Sydney Olympic Park @ Hill St Wharf @ 7.00am