BICISPORT MEMBER NEWS
* Waratah Masters @ Lansdowne @ 20 May - Ian Grainger finished 6th in C grade
RACING THIS WEEK
* May 26 - RAW Track (Race All Winter) @ DGV @ 6.30pm
* May 27 - Fred Icke Road Race (VRS-Creswick Vic)
* May 27-28 - Goulburn Junior Tour
* May 28 - Lansdowne Park Criterium (Waratah Masters)
BICISPORT TRAINING RIDES THIS WEEK
* May 22 - No DGV Track training until after Nowra TTT
* May 25 - Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride @ Centennial Park @ 11am
* May 27 - Meadowbank Bridge @ 7.30am, Piemonte Café (coffee only) @ 9.30am
NOWRA TEAM TIME TRIALS - TRAINING STARTS 4 JUNE @ TERREY HILLS
* Nominations open - Nominations are now open for BiciSport teams to the Nowra TTT on Saturday 8 July. BiciSport will provide team managers, support team drivers together with accommodation at Greenwell Point outside Nowra on the Saturday night. Sunday is either a BiciSport club ride to Culburra Beach over 50k or alternatively ride the Sassafras Road Race. Nominations are to Mike O'Reilly on firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations received to date -
Elite - Conor Tarlington
Masters All Ages - Tom Green
#1 - Anthony Colantonio, Graham Cockerton, James Thornton, Dom Zumbo
#2 - Stewart Campbell, Mike O'Brien, Peter Verhoeven
#3 - Team Pilu # 1 (team members to be confirmed)
#4 - Team Pilu # 2 (team members to be confirmed)
#5 - Stephen Brown, Paul Curgenven, Colin Edmonds, Mark Walsh
# 1 - Jock Young, Peter Davis, Ian Grainger, Raoul Westbrook
# 2 - Mike Lawson
Masters Women - Sue Tierney, Ruth Strapp, Kirsty Flanagan, Lise Benjamin
Team Managers - John Crouchley, Alex Simmons, Mike O'Reilly, Noel La Rose, Graham Tierney
* TTT Training venues, dates, times -
* Piemonte Café Terrey Hills - meet at 7.30am in carpark, depart at 8.00am on
Sunday 4 June, Sunday 18 June & Sunday 25 June
* Helensburgh on Sunday 2 July
TOUR DE BELLO - 31 AUGUST to 3 SEPTEMBER
Recent improvements to the NSW Pacific coastal freeway, which now bypasses the towns of Nambucca Heads, Urunga and Bellingen (and Macksville later in 2017), has opened up a whole raft of great cycling options in the region. No traffic, no lights, just endless tarmac rolling through glorious countryside. All this just 5.5 hours drive from Wahroonga at the southern end of the M1 freeway or a lazy hour's flight from Sydney.
Bicisport and RST Sport with the support of Happy Wheels, presents the Tour de Bello, a road cycling training camp held in and around the delightful Coffs Coast towns of Bellingen and Urunga.
Enjoy challenging rides through beautiful scenery on quiet, safe, cyclist friendly roads, with support vehicles and ride guides for extra convenience and peace of mind. Afterwards you can relax and recover in spacious and comfortable resort accommodation, have a leg rub from one of the massage therapists on hand or a nice post ride recovery nap. You'll refuel with great local food, have your bike attended to by our tour mechanic and take the opportunity to discuss your training with our top of the line cycling coach and learn about how to achieve your riding goals and gain that extra encouragement. Go to the tabs on this website for further information..
BIKE SHOP OF THE FUTURE ??
Kevin Marckx from Aalst Belgium supplied these two photo's from the new Aalst bike shop with a real twist - your own mini velodrome plus the mandatory coffee shop.