BICISPORT MEMBER NEWS
* Ken Dinnerville Dapto @ 27 May - A difficult day for the large BiciSport peloton with 12 starters and only 4 finishers. The 4 lap circuit was based around Mount Marshall behind Dapto. BiciSport results - John Cooper 30th @ 5min16secs, Jordan Reizes 42nd @ 5min19secs, Dean Gale 48th @ 5min40secs, Giovanni Pilu 76th @ 11min30secs.
* Alex Simmons is set to rejoin the active BiciSport peloton courtesy of a new carbon fibre prosthesis. Alex recently gave the new carbon fibre leg a preliminary road test at the Coffs Harbour Velodrome to ensure all the technical aspects came up to scratch. No issues were encountered & we look forward to seeing Alex in the BiciSport peloton.
* BiciSport Happy Wheels News - Declan Jones has joined the Happy Wheels sponsored team
* Anytime Fitness has recently renewed their BiciSport sponsorship going forward.
RACING THIS WEEK
* 3 June - Calga ITT & BiciSport TTT (ATTA from 8.00am), Eastern Creek Raceway (Waratah Masters), Ourimbah University Criteriums (Central Coast)
BICISPORT GROUP RIDES THIS WEEK
For further details please contact 0417 403 244
* Motor traffic conditions are now HEAVIER with the NSW School Term in full swing.
* Note -
- Major roadworks along Forest Way (at Allambie Heights, Forestville & Terrey Hills)
- Dangerous Mona Vale Rd roadworks outside Piemonte Cafe-Hills Nursery Terrey Hills
- New "Clearway" provisions now prevail along Forest Way from the Forestville end towards Belrose.
- Roadworks (periodic lane changes) continue along Military Rd between Cremorne & Neutral Bay
- All group rides are cancelled if wet
* 30 May (Wed) - Berowra Gruppetto @ 7.30am @ opposite Berowra Railway Station for 60k to Calga & return. Dunc Gray Velodrome 100 Lapper @ 7.00pm (a fast & slow group)
* 31 May (Thurs) - Happy Wheels Waterloo Ride @ 6.00am @ Happy Wheels shop at Waterloo. Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride @ 10.30am @ Spruce Goose Cafe Centennial Park.
* 2 June - Bennelong Bridge (East Side) @ Rhodes @ 8.00am (4x10k loops around SOPA)
* 3 June - Sydney Olympic Park @ Hill St Wharf @ 7.00am.
BICISPORT NOWRA TEAM TIME TRIAL TEAMS - SATURDAY 21 JULY
* The BiciSport TTT program for Nowra 2018 is detailed below. The Championships are open to all BiciSport riders and includes those riders who may hold a Ride Licence (and may wish to just compete on this one team day of the year).
* BiciSport is keen to enter as many club teams as possible - be it under the Anytime Fitnessbanner or with our sponsored racing groups of Pilu Racing or Happy Wheels. We may even combine teams across the groups to allow as many people to ride as possible.
* For the Nowra Championships BiciSport will pay all team entry fees & provide team & mechanical support for the 21 July Championships. Additionally BiciSport will pay for the Saturday night accommodation at the Greenwell Point Motel with an organised 50k team ride to Currarong Beach on the Sunday morning. Alternatively, riders may elect to compete in the Ride for Robbie race on the Sunday morning.
* BiciSport Masters are encouraged to enter the Cervelo Masters Super Series (June 10, June 24, July 15) and the Metro & Country Championships (July 7)
* BiciSport Team nominations are now open and should be directed via email to
- Anytime Fitness or Happy Wheels riders - contact email@example.com or Mike O'Reilly on 0417 403 244
- Pilu Racing riders - contact Jordan Reizes on firstname.lastname@example.org
* BiciSport Training Schedule
June 3 - Calga (in conjunction with ATTA) from 8.00am
June 10 - Piemonte Cafe Terrey Hills (meet 7.00am, depart 7.30am)
June 11 (Mon) - Cervelo Masters Super Series #1
June 17 - Piemonte Cafe Terrey Hills (meet 7.00am, depart 7.30am)
June 24 - Cervelo Masters Super Series #2
July 1 - Calga (in conjunction with ATTA)
July 7 (Sat) - Penrith Lakes Regatta Centre (after Metro & Country Championships)
July 8 (Sun) - Piemonte Cafe Terrey Hills (meet 7.00am, depart 7.30am)
July 14 (Sat) - TTT training venue TBC
July 15 - Cervelo Masters Super Series #3
July 21 (Sat) - NSW TTT Championships (Nowra Airport)
July 22 (Sun) - BiciSport Team Ride from Greenwell Point at 8.00am to Currabong Beach & return, or the Ride for Robbie CyclingNSW Open
TOUR DE BELLO 2018 ... 30 AUGUST TO 2 SEPTEMBER
* The second Tour de Bello is on with the dates now confirmed. The recent extensions to the northern motorway has gifted both the Coffs Harbour & Bellingen regions with some of the best cycling roads in NSW. Go to www.tourdebello.com for more details and Alex Simmons will host you to four unforgettable days of cycling in truly majestic scenery over delightful traffic free roads.