BICISPORT MEMBER NEWS
* Grafton to Inverell Classic @ 12 May - The G2I Classic started and finished in very pleasant conditions with little or no wind, but conditions turned somewhat nasty on the mid race Gibraltar Mountain itself. Peter Budd (BiciSport Happy Wheels) started in Division 3 and finished 35th (from 77 finishers) @ 27min 46secs.
TOUR DE BELLO 2018 ... 30 August to 2 SEPTember
* The second Tour de Bello is on with the dates now confirmed. The recent extensions to the northern motorway has gifted both the Coffs Harbour & Bellingen regions with some of the best cycling roads in NSW. Go to www.tourdebello.com for more details and Alex Simmons will host you to four unforgettable days of cycling in truly majestic scenery over delightful traffic free roads.
RACING THIS WEEK
* 19 May - Heffron Super Crits (Heffron Park)
* 19 May - Ray Piper Memorial Handicap Calga (Central Coast CC)
* 20 May - Lansdowne Park (Waratah Masters), Mt Ku Ring Gai Criteriums (Northern Sydney CC)
BICISPORT GROUP RIDES THIS WEEK
For further details please contact 0417 403 244.
* Motor traffic conditions are now HEAVIER with the start of the NSW School Term.
* Note -
- Major roadworks along Forest Way (at both Forestville & Terrey Hills)
- Dangerous Mona Vale Rd roadworks outside Piemonte Cafe-Hills Nursery Terrey Hills
- All group rides are cancelled if wet
* 14 May - Piemonte Cafe carpark @ 11.00am for Duffys Forest & West Head
* 16 May (Wed) - Berowra Gruppetto @ 7.30am @ opposite Berowra Railway Station for 60k to Calga & return
* 17 May (Thurs) - Happy Wheels Waterloo Ride @ 6.00am @ Happy Wheels shop at Waterloo. Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride @ 10.30am @ Spruce Goose Cafe Centennial Park.
* 19 May - Meadowbank Bridge @ 7.30am
* 20 May - Sydney Olympic Park @ Hill St Wharf @ 7.00am.
BICISPORT NOWRA TEAM TIME TRIAL TEAMS - SATURDAY 21 JULY
* The BiciSport TTT program for Nowra 2018 is detailed below. The Championships are open to all BiciSport riders and includes those riders who may hold a Ride Licence (and may wish to just compete on this one team day of the year).
* BiciSport is keen to enter as many club teams as possible - be it under the Anytime Fitnessbanner or with our sponsored racing groups of Pilu Racing or Happy Wheels. We may even combine teams across the groups to allow as many people to ride as possible.
* For the Nowra Championships BiciSport will pay all team entry fees & provide team & mechanical support for the 21 July Championships. Additionally BiciSport will pay for the Saturday night accommodation at the Greenwell Point Motel with an organised 50k team ride to Currarong Beach on the Sunday morning. Alternatively, riders may elect to compete in the Ride for Robbie race on the Sunday morning.
* BiciSport Masters are encouraged to enter the Cervelo Masters Super Series (June 10, June 24, July 15) and the Metro & Country Championships (July 7)
* BiciSport Team nominations are now open and should be directed via email to
- Anytime Fitness or Happy Wheels riders - contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Mike O'Reilly on 0417 403 244
- Pilu Racing riders - contact Jordan Reizes on email@example.com
* BiciSport Training Schedule
June 3 - Calga (in conjunction with ATTA)
June 10 - Piemonte Cafe Terrey Hills (meet 7.00am, depart 7.30am)
June 11 (Mon) - Cervelo Masters Super Series #1
June 17 - Piemonte Cafe Terrey Hills (meet 7.00am, depart 7.30am)
June 24 - Cervelo Masters Super Series #2
July 1 - Calga (in conjunction with ATTA)
July 7 (Sat) - Penrith Lakes Regatta Centre (after Metro & Country Championships)
July 8 (Sun) - Piemonte Cafe Terrey Hills (meet 7.00am, depart 7.30am)
July 14 (Sat) - TTT training venue TBC
July 15 - Cervelo Masters Super Series #3
July 21 (Sat) - NSW TTT Championships (Nowra Airport)
July 22 (Sun) - BiciSport Team Ride from Greenwell Point at 8.00am to Currabong Beach & return, or the Ride for Robbie CyclingNSW Open