BICISPORT MEMBER NEWS
NSW Masters Track Championships - BICISPORT 5 GOLD 3 SILVER
LISE BENJAMIN SETS WORLD BEST TIME in w7 SPRINT Qualifying
* NSW Masters Track Championships from 13-15 Feb @ DGV - BiciSport starters included Graham Cockerton, Mike Lawson, David Browne, Lise Benjamin & Peter Verhoeven. Mike Smith was a DNS due to illness and will be a no show in Melbourne for Masters Nationals. Day 1 - Sprints .. Lise Benjamin W7 Silver after setting a W7 World Best Time in 200m qualifying of 13.038secs. Day 2 - Individual Time Trial & Points - ITT Lise Benjamin W7 Gold @ 40.4secs , Mike Lawson M8 Silver @ 41.2secs, Graham Cockerton M5 7th @ 38.5secs Points Lise Benjamin W7 Gold, Mike Lawson M7 Gold, Graham Cockerton M5 @ 5th. Day 3 - Individual Pursuit - Mike Lawson M8 Gold, Peter Verhoeven M6 @ 7th Day 4 - Scratch Races ... Lise Benjamin W7 Gold & Graham Cockerton M5 Silver in a close finish. David Browne & Peter Verhoeven rode well.
* Kooragang (Newcastle) @ 17 Feb - Ruth Strapp finished 3rd in C grade
* Riverina Interclub @ 17 Feb - Frank Signor, Melissa & Peter Budd rode well in the first Riverina Interclub of the winter road season.
* Junior Track Nationals/Masters Track Nationals - Robyn Sprouster (BiciSport Commissaire) is spending two weeks in Melbourne (Bleak City) at the upcoming Track Nationals.
RACING THIS WEEK
* 20 Feb - Heffron Park Criteriums
* 23 Feb - HART Criteriums St Ives (Manly CC)
* 24 Feb - Lake Hume Cycle Challenge Cyclosportive (Albury, NSW)
* 25 Feb - Lansdowne Park (Waratah Masters), Ourimbah University Criteriums (Central Coast CC)
BICISPORT TRAINING RIDES THIS WEEK
For further details contact 0417 403 244.
* Motor traffic conditions are now heavier with the resumption of the NSW School Term.
* Note the current roadworks along Forest Way (at both Forestville & Terrey Hills)
* Feb 21 (Wed) - Berowra Gruppetto @ 7.30am @ opposite Berowra Railway Station for 60k to Calga & return.
* Feb 22 (Thurs) - Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride @ 10.30am @ Spruce Goose Cafe Centennial Park
* Feb 24 -
- Meadowbank Bridge @ 7.30am
- Piemonte Cafe (coffee only) @ 9.30am
* Feb 25 -
- BiciSport Gruppetto @ 7.00am @ Cnr Pittwater Rd-Bungan St Mona Vale Roundabout
- Sydney Olympic Park @ Hill St Wharf @ 7.00am
PICTURES FROM THE FRENCH PELOTON
BiciSport supporter Herve Boutin recently returned home from France and after much coercing has brought back a special Peugeot PY-10. This is not any old regular PY 10 retro bike but a Peugeot Pro team bike from the 1975 Tour de France. Not only did Bernard Thevenet win Le Tour that year on a PY-10, all of the Tour team bikes during that Tour had gold anodised componentary. The story goes thus ... Max Boutin (Herve's father) wanted a bike to ride around his local French village on a Sunday morning. Max worked with Claude Riotte, who in turn was a brother of Raymond Riotte. Raymond was a leading French professional in the famous Peugeot pro team ... next minute arrives a delightful Tour de France team bike on Max's doorstep.