VALE DAVID MICHEL
* Its with great sadness to report the passing of David Michel. David was a member of the Northern Suburbs Cycling Club (now Northern Sydney CC) and raced predominantly through the late 1960's and the 1970's up to 1987. David was an outstanding athlete on both the track & road and besides competing in several Goulburn Liverpool Classics, David also took the Bronze medal in the 1978 NSW 100k Teams Time Championships held on the Castlereagh circuit near the current Penrith Lakes. David was an outstanding individual highly respected by everybody who knew him. Northern Suburbs CC was represented at the service by David Cooper & Mike O'Reilly.
BICISPORT MEMBER NEWS
* Newcastle Kooragang @ 20 May - Ruth Strapp returned to racing on 20 May (after her off some 6 weeks ago). Ruth finished 11th overall from 50 starters in the Kooragang Handicap & 1st female
* ABC Radio @ 14 May - Peter Budd recently featured on an ABC Radio Riverina segment discussing his plans of the upcoming UWCT World Masters Road Championships in Varese Italy.
* UCI Masters World Records ratification stalled - At the National Masters Track Championships in February 2017 Lise Benjamin (BiciSport Master) broke the World Record for the Flying 200m time trial. To ratify the world record Lise underwent (and passed) the mandatory ASADA drug test and BiciSport paid the necessary ASADA fees. Things took a turn for the worse when it was discovered some 12 months later that the necessary paperwork was not lodged with the UCI within the 30 day period and the UCI subsequently rejected the application. CyclingNSW is currently seeking reconsideration of the application.
TOUR DE BELLO 2018 ... 30 AUGUST TO 2 SEPTEMBER
* The second Tour de Bello is on with the dates now confirmed. The recent extensions to the northern motorway has gifted both the Coffs Harbour & Bellingen regions with some of the best cycling roads in NSW. Go to www.tourdebello.com for more details and Alex Simmons will host you to four unforgettable days of cycling in truly majestic scenery over delightful traffic free roads.
RACING THIS WEEK
* 26 May - Heffron Super Crits (Heffron Park)
* 27 May - Eastern Creek Raceway (Waratah Masters), Victorian ITT Series (Geelong, Vic)
* 27 May - Dinnerville Handicap (Illawarra CC) - The best BiciSport lineup to a State Open in a long time with BiciSport starters Stewart Campbell, Brett Cocks, Jeremy Hopson, James Thornton, Patrick Conway, Dean Gale, Ian Grainger, Jordan Reizes, Giovani Pilu, William Peters & Mike Foster.
BICISPORT GROUP RIDES THIS WEEK
For further details please contact 0417 403 244.
* Motor traffic conditions are now HEAVIER with the NSW School Term in full swing.
* Note -
- Major roadworks along Forest Way (at both Forestville & Terrey Hills)
- Dangerous Mona Vale Rd roadworks outside Piemonte Cafe-Hills Nursery Terrey Hills
- New "Clearway" provisions now prevail along Forest Way from the Forestville end towards Belrose.
- Roadworks continue along Military Rd between Cremorne & Neutral Bay
- All group rides are cancelled if wet
* 23 May (Wed) - Berowra Gruppetto @ 7.30am @ opposite Berowra Railway Station for 60k to Calga & return
* 24 May (Thurs) - Happy Wheels Waterloo Ride @ 6.00am @ Happy Wheels shop at Waterloo. Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride @ 10.30am @ Spruce Goose Cafe Centennial Park.
* 26 May - Bennelong Bridge (East Side) @ Rhodes @ 8.00am (10k loops around SOPA)
* 27 May - Sydney Olympic Park @ Hill St Wharf @ 7.00am.
BICISPORT NOWRA TEAM TIME TRIAL TEAMS - SATURDAY 21 JULY
* The BiciSport TTT program for Nowra 2018 is detailed below. The Championships are open to all BiciSport riders and includes those riders who may hold a Ride Licence (and may wish to just compete on this one team day of the year).
* BiciSport is keen to enter as many club teams as possible - be it under the Anytime Fitnessbanner or with our sponsored racing groups of Pilu Racing or Happy Wheels. We may even combine teams across the groups to allow as many people to ride as possible.
* For the Nowra Championships BiciSport will pay all team entry fees & provide team & mechanical support for the 21 July Championships. Additionally BiciSport will pay for the Saturday night accommodation at the Greenwell Point Motel with an organised 50k team ride to Currarong Beach on the Sunday morning. Alternatively, riders may elect to compete in the Ride for Robbie race on the Sunday morning.
* BiciSport Masters are encouraged to enter the Cervelo Masters Super Series (June 10, June 24, July 15) and the Metro & Country Championships (July 7)
* BiciSport Team nominations are now open and should be directed via email to
- Anytime Fitness or Happy Wheels riders - contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Mike O'Reilly on 0417 403 244
- Pilu Racing riders - contact Jordan Reizes on email@example.com
* BiciSport Training Schedule
June 3 - Calga (in conjunction with ATTA)
June 10 - Piemonte Cafe Terrey Hills (meet 7.00am, depart 7.30am)
June 11 (Mon) - Cervelo Masters Super Series #1
June 17 - Piemonte Cafe Terrey Hills (meet 7.00am, depart 7.30am)
June 24 - Cervelo Masters Super Series #2
July 1 - Calga (in conjunction with ATTA)
July 7 (Sat) - Penrith Lakes Regatta Centre (after Metro & Country Championships)
July 8 (Sun) - Piemonte Cafe Terrey Hills (meet 7.00am, depart 7.30am)
July 14 (Sat) - TTT training venue TBC
July 15 - Cervelo Masters Super Series #3
July 21 (Sat) - NSW TTT Championships (Nowra Airport)
July 22 (Sun) - BiciSport Team Ride from Greenwell Point at 8.00am to Currabong Beach & return, or the Ride for Robbie CyclingNSW Open