BICISPORT MEMBER NEWS
* Womens Masters Road Series @ Dapto 29 April - Kirsty Flanagan took an excellent C grade victory, and Ruth Strapp 4th in B grade
* Redlands Bicycle Classic 3-7 May - Best wishes to Peter Livingstone this week. Peter had a big "off" at the last stage of the Tour of the Gila in New Mexico and should be recovered by Redlands. Follow the results on www.redlandsclassic.com
* Clare Classic Cyclosportive on 8 April 2018 - Following on from the success of the Bowral Classic cyclosportive (over 3,000 starters) Bicycling Australia have expanded their cyclosportive program with the innovative Clare Classic in South Australia on 8 April 2018 (160k, 110k & 50k options through the Clare wine country). Mike O'Reilly (Ride Director) is in Clare this week finalising the 2018 course details.
DULWICH HILL CC CLASSIC BICYCLE SHOW - TEMPE VELO SAT 6 MAY
* The Dulwich Hill CC Classic Bicycle Show is now in its 5th year and attracts a huge following with the Classic "show & shine" competition and the best retro swap meet in the country. There is always a bargain to be had be it retro equipment, clothing or cycling bric-a-brac. The Tempe Velodrome opens at 11am and the Show concludes just after 3pm on Saturday 6 May.
RACING THIS WEEK
* May 3-7 - Redlands Bicycle Classic (USA) with Peter Livingstone (BiciSport Mobius)
* May 6 - Tour of the South West (Vic-VRS), Ride Around the Lake Cyclosportive, Calga Road Race (CC), Cootamundra Weekend
* May 7 - Eastern Creek (Waratah Masters), Calga ITT (ATTA), Pedal4Kids Cyclosportive (Kiama to Centennial Park)
BICISPORT TRAINING THIS WEEK
* May 1 & 3 - DGV Track Training with John Crouchley @ 3pm
* May 4 - Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride @ Centennial Park @ 11am
* May 6 - Meadowbank Bridge @ 7.30am, Piemonte Café (coffee only) @ 9.30am
TOUR DE BELLO - 31 AUGUST to 3 SEPTEMBER
Recent improvements to the NSW Pacific coastal freeway, which now bypasses the towns of Nambucca Heads, Urunga and Bellingen (and Macksville later in 2017), has opened up a whole raft of great cycling options in the region. No traffic, no lights, just endless tarmac rolling through glorious countryside. All this just 5.5 hours drive from Wahroonga at the southern end of the M1 freeway or a lazy hour's flight from Sydney.
Bicisport and RST Sport with the support of Happy Wheels, presents the Tour de Bello, a road cycling training camp held in and around the delightful Coffs Coast towns of Bellingen and Urunga.
Enjoy challenging rides through beautiful scenery on quiet, safe, cyclist friendly roads, with support vehicles and ride guides for extra convenience and peace of mind. Afterwards you can relax and recover in spacious and comfortable resort accommodation, have a leg rub from one of the massage therapists on hand or a nice post ride recovery nap. You'll refuel with great local food, have your bike attended to by our tour mechanic and take the opportunity to discuss your training with our top of the line cycling coach and learn about how to achieve your riding goals and gain that extra encouragement. Go to the tabs on this website for further information.
BICISPORT TEAM TIME TRIAL TEAMS - NOWRA on 8 JULY
Saturday 8 July is the NSW Club Teams Time Trial Championships and BiciSport is anticipating entering up to 10 teams for this great teams event. Nominations are now open with expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Training sessions will be confirmed shortly.
As usual BiciSport teams will be hosted overnight at the Greenwell Point Motel on the Saturday night, with dinner hosted by Sam at the nearby Greenwell Point Café from 6.30pm. There is an organised 50k ride on the Sunday morning to Culburra Beach & return. Any questions please contact Mike O'Reilly on 0417 403 244