BICISPORT MEMBER NEWS
* Herald Sun Tour 18 - BiciSport members supporting the Herald Sun Tour this year include Robyn Sprouster (Commissaire), Alex Simmons (Chief Commissaire convoy driver), Mike O'Reilly (Commissaire 2 convoy driver) & John Elderfield (Commissaire 3 convoy driver). Stage summaries & route maps are detailed below and a closer look highlights much longer individual stage distances than in previous years (at the suggestion of a certain World Tour team who are now a subsequent no show this year, thanks !). Lets hope it cools down ...
* Ruth Strapp has been added to the BiciSport Happy Wheels sponsored group for 2018
BICISPORT HAPPY WHEELS TEAM 2018
* There is one team spot still available for the 2018 road season. The team focus is the CyclingNSW country open road program, NSW Womens Masters Road Series plus the Victorian Road Series from April through September (2018 dates have been placed on the BiciSport Calendar of this website). If you're interested please contact Mike O'Reilly via email at email@example.com *
RACING THIS WEEK
* Jan 30 - Heffron Park Criteriums
* Feb 2 - HART Criterium St Ives (Manly CC)
* Jan 30- Feb 4 - Herald Sun Tour (Victoria)
* Feb 1-4 - National Elite Track Championships (Brisbane)
* Feb 4 - PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CALGA ITT (ATTA) HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR FEB 4. NEXT RACE IS EARLY MARCH.
* Feb 4 - Heffron Park (Waratah Masters), Ourimbah University Criteriums (Central Coast).
BICISPORT TRAINING RIDES THIS WEEK
For further details contact 0417 403 244.
* Motor traffic conditions are much heavier from now until the School Term concludes. Note the current roadworks at Forest Way (at both Forestville & Terrey Hills)
* Jan 29 & 31 - DGV Track Training @ John Crouchley @ 4pm
* Feb 1 (Thurs) - Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride @ 10.30am @ Spruce Goose Cafe Centennial Park
* Feb 3 -
- BiciSport Gruppetto @ 6.30am @ Warringah Mall Pittwater Rd Bus Stop,
- Meadowbank Bridge @ 7.30am,
- Piemonte Cafe (coffee only) @ 9.30am
* Feb 4 -
- BiciSport Gruppetto @ 7.00am @ Cnr Pittwater Rd-Bungan St Mona Vale Roundabout,
- Sydney Olympic Park @ Hill St Wharf @ 7.00am
REVIEW - HERALD SUN TOUR 2018
A new innovation is the Womens Herald Sun Tour which starts with a challenging Healesville road race on the Tuesday. Both men & women do the Southbank ITT on the Wednesday, then the men's stages start on the Thursday. The men's opening Colac to Warnambool stage over 161k has some excellent terrain for some aggressive racing. Stage 2 Warnambool to Ballarat on the other hand will be a 198k grind on heavy roads and lets hope it isn't too hot. Stage 3 is a monster with 218k (!!) from Mitchelton Winery via the Strathbogie Ranges into Alexandra, then finishing with the climb of Lake Mountain. This would be a difficult stage no matter what time of the year, but in February it will be something else. Stage 4 around Kinglake is similar to say the West Head Road in the Ku Ring Gai National Park, but now the stage has an extra lap added (4 laps last year, 5 laps this year).