BICISPORT MEMBER NEWS
* Graham Jones was a BiciSport cyclist killed in a training accident in November 2002. Warringah Council have acknowledged Graham's extensive community contribution and will name the Narrabeen Lagoon Walking Track in his honour on Friday 16 September at 9.45am at the Middle Cove Reserve
* ATTA at Calga on 4 Sept - Ian Grainger rode the 25k in 43min 56secs (24th from 35 starters)
* Amy Gillett Gran Fondo on 11 Sept - Ian Grainger rode the 120k in 3hrs 51min (7th from 48 starters) in his age category. Anthony Colantonio also rode well. Both Ian & Anthony qualified for the 2017 World UWCT Championships in Albi France
TRAINING Rides THIS WEEK
* 14 Sept - BiciSport Corporate Ride (Centennial Park 7.30am) - invitation only
* 15 Sept - Centennial Park 11am (lower loops)
* 17 Sept - Meadowbank Bridge Rhodes 7.30am (SOPA Loops)
* 18 Sept - St Ives (opp Patersons Café) Stanley St 7.30am (for Akuna Bay Loop)
RACING THIS WEEK
* 16 Sept - RAW Track finishes 16 Sept
* 17 Sept - Calga (Central Coast - 2pm), Hunter 100k Interclub (Kurri Kurri)
* 17 Sept - CyclingNSW College of Commissaires Conference (DGV)
* 18 Sept - Lansdowne Park (Waratah Masters), Mt Ku Ring Gai ((North Sydney)
* Griffith Masters Nationals on 1-3 Oct - entries are closing soon
* Bowral Classic on 23 Oct - Entry levels are exceeding all expectations and if you want in then now is the time. Entries will be closing very shortly.
BICISPORT CANBERRA CAMDEN - 4 & 5 MARCH 2017
BiciSport has joined forces with Harlequin Wheelmen in conducting an organised ride between Canberra & Camden over 4&5 March with a full support crew to assist. Note your diary.
PRO TEAM CARS - the 404 edition
The Peugeot 404 was released in 1963 and was a staple pro team car up until 1975. Not only was it a pro team car it was also the car of choice during the Tour de France for many years. Designed by Pinafarina, it was no Ferrari but it looked good. Some Peugeot 404 team cars had the rear door redesigned with a leather flap replacing the window & door panel. The team mechanic simply hung out through the gap and serviced the rider.