BICISPORT MEMBER NEWS
* Womens Masters Road Series (WMRS) - Ruth Strapp currently leads the B Grade WMRS and Kirsty Flanagan is a close second in C grade.
* Redlands Bicycle Classic @ 3-7 May - Peter Livingstone (BiciSport Mobius) has been struggling after his major Tour of Gila crash and Redlands was a bridge too far. Peter posted the following Redlands results - Stage 1 .. 10k Prologue - 175th @ 3min 2secs. Stage 2 .. 160k Road Race and Peter retired with 30k to go. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
* Grafton Inverell Classic @ 13 May - Conor Tarlington (BiciSport-Rauland) will fly the BiciSport flag with the BiciSport support crew of Fiona Fahy (Chief Commissaire), Robyn Sprouster & Alex Simmons (Commissaires), John Crouchley (Commissaire driver), Mike O'Reilly (Commissaire driver-State Handicapper)
* Sydney Classic Bicycle Show @ 6 May - Dulwich Hill CC at Tempe Velodrome hosted the 5th Sydney Classic Bicycle Show. A great day out for picking up a bargain.
* Cootamundra Weekend @ 6-7 May - Conor Tarlington rode well both days but the weekend victories both went to the outer bunches. The new course outside Cootamundra was very favourably received.
RACING THIS WEEK
* May 9 - CyclingNSW - Annual General Meeting (Bankstown Sports Club) @ 7.30pm
* May 13 - Grafton to Inverell Classic (NRS), Calga Road Race (Central Coast CC)
* May 14 - West Head Road Race (Manly CC), Eastern Creek Raceway (Waratah Masters)
BICISPORT TRAINING THIS WEEK
* May 8 & 10 - DGV Track Training @ 3pm with John Crouchley
* May 11 - Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride @ 11am @ Centennial Park
* May 13 - Meadowbank Bridge @ 7.30am, Piemonte Café (coffee only) @ 9.30am
TOUR DE BELLO - 31 AUGUST to 3 SEPTEMBER
Recent improvements to the NSW Pacific coastal freeway, which now bypasses the towns of Nambucca Heads, Urunga and Bellingen (and Macksville later in 2017), has opened up a whole raft of great cycling options in the region. No traffic, no lights, just endless tarmac rolling through glorious countryside. All this just 5.5 hours drive from Wahroonga at the southern end of the M1 freeway or a lazy hour's flight from Sydney.
Bicisport and RST Sport with the support of Happy Wheels, presents the Tour de Bello, a road cycling training camp held in and around the delightful Coffs Coast towns of Bellingen and Urunga.
Enjoy challenging rides through beautiful scenery on quiet, safe, cyclist friendly roads, with support vehicles and ride guides for extra convenience and peace of mind. Afterwards you can relax and recover in spacious and comfortable resort accommodation, have a leg rub from one of the massage therapists on hand or a nice post ride recovery nap. You'll refuel with great local food, have your bike attended to by our tour mechanic and take the opportunity to discuss your training with our top of the line cycling coach and learn about how to achieve your riding goals and gain that extra encouragement. Go to the tabs on this website for further information.
BICISPORT TEAM TIME TRIAL TEAMS - NOWRA on 8 JULY
Saturday 8 July is the NSW Club Teams Time Trial Championships and BiciSport is anticipating entering up to 10 teams for this great teams event. Nominations are now open with expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Training sessions will be confirmed shortly.
As usual BiciSport teams will be hosted overnight at the Greenwell Point Motel on the Saturday night, with dinner hosted by Sam at the nearby Greenwell Point Café from 6.30pm. There is an organised 50k ride on the Sunday morning to Culburra Beach & return. Any questions please contact Mike O'Reilly on 0417 403 244