BICISPORT MEMBER NEWS
* Flanders 17 - Peter Livingstone (BiciSport Mobius) has concluded the Flemish escapade with the Tour of East Flanders finishing on 20 August. East Flanders results & pictures further below in the Flanders 17 diary.
RACING THIS WEEK
* 25 August - RAW Track @ DGV
* 25-27 August - UCI World Masters Gran Fondo Championships (Albi, France) at www.albi2017cycling.eu with BiciSport riders Anthony Colantonio, Brett Cocks & Graham Cocks
* 25-27 August - Tour of King Valley (Wangaratta Vic, NRS)
* 26 August - Sam Miranda Gran Fondo (Wangaratta Vic)
* 27 August - Heffron Park (Waratah Masters), Calga Caltex 100 Handicap (Central Coast)
ROAD SAFETY ALERT - COWAN to HAWKESBURY BRIDGE
* The stretch of the Old Pacific Highway from Cowan to the Hawkesbury River Bridge has been a safety concern for several years due to motor bikes speeding in both directions near Pie in the Sky Café at the top of the Hawkesbury Climb. If you cycling in that region its best to be off the Old Pacific Highway after 8.30am in the morning (especially on a Sunday).
BICISPORT TRAINING THIS WEEK
* 23 August - DGV @ 3pm @ John Crouchley.
* 26 August - Meadowbank Bridge @ 7.30am, Piemonte Café (coffee only) @ 9.30am
ROESELARE CYCLING MUSEUM - CYCLING IS a RELIGION
* There are two famous cycling museums in Flanders - the Tour of Flanders Museum in Oudenaarde and the somewhat lesser known Roeselare Cycling Museum. Both offer an outstanding collection of cycling history on display. The current Roeselare museum is being rebuilt (to reopen in March 2018) and a temporary display is now open to view at the Roeselare Tourism Office which is itself located within the (disused) Fathers Church. The theme "Cycling is a Religion" (http://www.koersisareligie.be or www.wielermuseum.be) appeared somewhat odd when placed in the context of the lovely Fathers Church, but each to their own. It was certainly worth the visit.