BICISPORT MEMBER NEWS
* Bathurst B2B Weekend @ 20-22 Apr - B2B provided an outstanding opportunity to ride on closed country roads with first class organisation and perfect weather conditions. BiciSport had several starters for this major CyclingNSW promotion with Elites - Conor Tarlington 52nd @ 3min52secs, , 70k - Pat Conway 22nd @ 27secs, Stewart Campbell 29th @ 45secs, William Peters 30th @ 45secs. 35-39 - Brett Cocks - 12th @ 1min4secs. 50-54 - Adam Kibble 86th @ 16min25secs. 55-59 - Peter Budd 20th @ 3min39secs. 70-74 - Ian Grainger 5th and Graeme Cocks 6th. Non Competitive 110k - a strong finish by Suzy Ladanyi
* Recovery Ward - A speedy recovery to Mike Lawson who had a recent off at Mona Vale
BICISPORT NOWRA NSW TEAM TIME TRIALS - 21 July
BiciSport team members will be contacted shortly regarding the Nowra NSW Teams Time Trial Championships to be held on Saturday 21 July. The BiciSport teams will be staying at Greenwell Point on 21 July followed by a dinner on the Saturday night. Sunday - the riders have the option of racing the 'Ride for Robbie' NSW road event or the 50k BiciSport team ride to Currarong Beach & return. BiciSport provides TTT race entry fees, race supprt, Saturday night accommodation & Sunday morning ride support. Email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
RACING THIS WEEK
* 27 Apr - Handmade Bicycle Show (Melbourne, Vic)
* 28 Apr - Great Otway Classic Cyclosportive (Torquay, Vic)
* 29 Apr - Lansdowne Park (Waratah Masters), Century Challenge Cyclosportive (Central Coast CC)
BICISPORT GROUP RIDES THIS WEEK
For further details please contact 0417 403 244.
* Motor traffic conditions are now LIGHTER with the NSW School holidays.
* Note -
- Major roadworks along Forest Way (at both Forestville & Terrey Hills)
- Roadworks continue along Military Rd at Cremorne & Neutral Bay
- Parriwi Rd Spit Bridge cyclepath ramp is now completed
- All group rides are cancelled if wet
* 25 Apr (Wed) - Berowra Gruppetto @ 7.30am @ opposite Berowra Railway Station for 60k to Calga & return, M7 Cyclepath @ 6.00am @ Old Wallgrove Rd
* 26 Apr (Thurs) - Happy Wheels Waterloo Ride @ 6.00am @ Happy Wheels shop at Waterloo. Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride @ 10.30am @ Spruce Goose Cafe Centennial Park.
* 28 Apr - Meadowbank Bridge @ 7.30am
* 29 Apr - Sydney Olympic Park @ Hill St Wharf @ 7.00am
RALEIGH RESTORATION PROJECT
Darren & John Crouchley (BiciSport) recently completed a thoughtful restoration of a 1983 Raleigh frameset (pictured below) ridden by Herald Sun Tour winner Malcolm Elliott (UK) in the Sun Tour itself. Malcolm went on to be a leading European professional.