BICISPORT MEMBER NEWS
* Great Divide Open @ Gunning @ 7-8 October - Division 1 - Conor Tarlington finished 29th @ peloton finish. Peter Livingstone DNF. Division 2 - Lachlan Haughey punctured in the car park and was a DNS. Division 3 - Jordan Reizes took a great win. Matt Coy 33rd & Simon Lempriere 35th (both a peloton finish). Simon featured in the break of the day which at one point had a 3 minute lead and only caught near the finish.
* Heffron Park Criteriums @ 3 October - Rolly Delaytz took an excellent win
* World Masters Track Cycling Championships @ Los Angeles @ 8-15 October - Follow the results of Mick Smith & Anthony Colantonio at www.mastersworldsla.com
* Peugeot 504 featured on Ride Media - Ride Media has again featured the Herve 404 & Bernard 504 retro car story at www.ridemedia.com.au
RACING THIS WEEK
* 8-15 October - World Masters Track Cycling World Championships (Los Angeles)
* 10 October - Heffron Park Criteriums
* 13 October - Waratah Park Criteriums (Sutherland)
* 14 October - Melbourne to Warnambool Classic (NRS, Vic), NSW Sprint Grand Prix # 1 (DGV)
* 15 October - Mt Ku Ring Gai Criteriums (Northern Sydney CC), Spring Cycle Criteriums (Homebush), Spring Cycle Cyclosportive (Homebush), CyclingNSW Presidents Forum (Canada Bay, Sydney), Lansdowne Park (Waratah Masters), Ourimbah University Criteriums (Central Coast)
BICISPORT TRAINING THIS WEEK
* 9 October - NSW School Term starts so traffic congestion is back !!!!
* 11 October - DGV Track Training @ 3pm @ John Crouchley
* 12 October - Distinguished Gentlemens Ride @ 10am @ Centennial Park Spruce Goose Cafe
* 14 October - Meadowbank Bridge @ 7.30am, Piemonte Cafe Terrey Hills (coffee only) @ 9.30am
* 15 October - Ku Ring Gai Chase Loops (cnr Myall Rd & Ku Ring Gai Chase Rd) @ 9.00am
VALE DICK PARIS
* Another week passes as does another great Australian cycling icon in Dick Paris (St George CC). Dick's career was very much sourced in the 1970's when the NSW and National Road Championships used the Centennial Park circuit on a regular basis. He had a lethal road sprint and if the race ever came down to a 'bunch kick' then he was a sure fire bet to take the victory. Talented on both the road and the Velodrome, Dick won several National Elite Track Championships to add to his National Elite Road Championship victory plus selection to the Commonwealth Games in 1974 with another Gold medal in the track 1000m TT. RIP Dick.