WELCOME To the Following new Members
* Emma Webber (from Northern Sydney CC)
* Frank Signor (from Griffith CC)
* Suzy Ladanyi (from Bathurst CC)
* Damien Bottero (from Northern Sydney CC)
* Peter Budd (from Griffith CC)
* Melissa Budd (from Griffith CC)
FAREWELL to the FOLLOWING
* Kirstie Dolton (to Lidcombe Auburn CC)
* Anthony Colantonio (to Manning Valley CC)
* Peter Livingstone (to Manly CC)
* David Meacham (to Manly CC)
* Paul Curgenven (to Manly CC)
* Colin Edmonds (to Manly CC)
* Katie Brown (to St George CC)
* Sue & Graham Tierney (to Alpine CC, Bright Vic)
How do I join BiciSport or renew my current membership ?
- Click on JOIN NOW
- Select a State - New South Wales
- Select a Club - BiciSport
- select the desired membership category (see below)
- Confirm the Terms & Conditions (tick the bottom box)
- complete the individual name/contact details section
- make the membership payment (Visa or Mastercard only)
- CA will email you an email receipt
- Print off a copy of the email receipt (to produce to local race officials until the plastic license arrives via Australia Post)
What happens then ?
When you join on-line Cycling Australia will automatically issue a receipt via email as a membership confirmation.
Print off this email receipt and take it with you to each race (as a membership receipt) until your plastic CA-BiciSport license arrives via Australia Post about 3 weeks later. Note - you can race immediately upon receiving the interim receipt via email from Cycling Australia or BiciSport.
The membership categories are -
Racing - a full competitive licence, which covers all northside club racing plus track & road events, and all National & State Championships. Renewal terms are on a calendar basis - meaning 1 October of the previous year to 31 December of the following year. However, there are options with this full Racing licence (see below).
Ride It - designed for recreational riders, cyclo sportives, gran fondos, social & charity rides, selected time trials, club training & coffee shop rides. Renewal terms are on a rolling renewal basis
Non Riding [for Club VIPs] - designed for non racing members who provide their time as officials, commissaires, club administrators and coaches
If you take out a Masters Racing licence (when over 30 years of age) - this enables you to:
- enter Masters events
- enter Club events
- enter NSW Open events, but
- restricts Masters riders from contesting Elite Championships
If you take out an Elite Racing licence (when over 30 years of age) - this enables you to:
- enter ANY racing event (including Elite Championship events),
- contest any Masters category Championships in the same year (for the over 30s).
- this has a significant positive impact on riders who hold Elite licences - they are now eligible to race in all Masters events in Australia.
Racing licence renewal term options are -
- Racing 15 month option - from 1 October (of the previous year) to 31 December (essentially 15 months membership for the price of 12 months), or
- Racing 6 month option - from 1 July (at reduced rates), out to 31 December of that same year. Six monthly fees are -
- Elite - $198 (club retains $20)
- J19, Masters (under 65 yrs) - $132 (club retains $10)
- J17, Masters (over 65 years) - $77 (club retains $10)
BiciSport membership fees are -
BiciSport retains between $5-$24 of the fees listed below to cover club registration fees (with CyclingNSW), team entry fees to the NSW Team Time Trial Championships (Track & Road) and regular BiciSport website support and upgrade costs.
- Elite Men/Under 23 & Women - B`day during 1987 to 1997 - $320 (club retains $24)
- Masters 1 to 7 - B`day during 1986 to 1952 - $283 (club retains $24)
- Masters 8 plus - B`day during 1951 then before - $168 (club retains $12)
- Junior Under 19 - B`day during 1998 & 1999 - $168 (club retains $24)
- Junior Under 17 - B`day during 2000 & 2001 - $168 (club retains $12)
- Junior Under 15 - B`day during 2002 & 2003 - $168 (club retains $12)
- Junior Under 13 - B`day during 2004 & 2005 - $62.50 (club retains $11)
Ride It License
- Aged 19-64 years - $99
- Aged 65 years + - $74
Non Riding (Club VIP) License
- All categories - $40 (club retains $7)
- Club Racing - $33 (Day Permits exclude Interclubs, Opens, some Championships)
Cycling Australia Insurance Benefits
Your annual Cycling Australia licence also includes Insurance coverage applicable whilst performing duties related to Cycling Australia. In broad terms this cover also applies to organised club rides & training activities prepared or endorsed by a CA accredited coach. This insurance cover does not cover you when you are overseas. Seperate cover is required when travelling overseas.
In summary, the Insurance Policy benefits are -
- $20m public liability cover
- $5m professional indemnity cover
- personal accident insurance (capital benefits of $10,000)
- loss of income insurance ($200 per week, capped at 52 weeks/$2,000)
- several exclusions include - private health insurance, income protection, life insurance, workers compensation, compulsory third party insurance, trauma/disablility insurance
For further insurance coverage details contact Cycling Australia.