BICISPORT MEMBER NEWS
* Three Peaks Challenge Falls Creek @ 11 Mar - Tom Green rode the 3 Peaks strongly which included the famous Omeo valley climb to the back of the Falls Creek ski resort.
* New BiciSport group ride launched - Stew Computa Campbell has launched a new BiciSport group ride departing @ 6am every Thursday from outside the Happy Wheels Waterloo shop. The route is to La Perouse & return via Mascot. All Welcome.
RACING THIS WEEK
* 13 Mar - Heffron Park Criteriums
* 16 Mar - HART Criterium St Ives (Manly CC)
* 17 Mar - Orica Kermesse (HEZ @ Kurri Kurri, NSW) - BiciSport starters Conor Tarlington, Ruth Strapp & Brett Cocks
* 17-18 Mar - Tour of Mansfield (Vic, VRS)
* 18 Mar - Heffron Park (Waratah Masters), Mt Ku Ring Gai Criteriums (Northern Sydney CC), Ourimbah University Womens Criterium (Central Coast CC)
BICISPORT TRAINING RIDES THIS WEEK
For further details contact 0417 403 244.
* Motor traffic conditions are now heavier with the resumption of the NSW School Term.
* Note -
- Major roadworks along Forest Way (at both Forestville & Terrey Hills)
- New traffic lane alignment along Military Rd through Cremorne & Neutral Bay
- Parriwi Rd cycle access enhancements being constructed near Spit Bridge
* 12 & 16 Mar - M7 Cyclepath @ 6am @ BP Service Centre @ Old Wallgrove Road
* 14 Mar (Wed) - Berowra Gruppetto @ 7.30am @ opposite Berowra Railway Station for 60k to Calga & return.
* 15 Mar (Thurs) - Happy Wheels Waterloo Ride @ 6am @ Happy Wheels shop at Waterloo. Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride @ 10.30am @ Spruce Goose Cafe Centennial Park
* 17 Mar - Meadowbank Bridge @ 7.30am
* 18 Mar - Sydney Olympic Park @ Hill St Wharf @ 7.00am, M7 Cyclepath @ 6.30am @ BP Service Centre @ Old Wallgrove Rd
BICISPORT IN FLANDERS 2018 starts 20 MARCH
A detailed BiciSport in Flanders 2018 diary will be posted in the News Section of this website from 20 March until just after Paris Roubaix on 8 April.
* Mar 21-22 - De Panne Semi Classic - A one day Elite Mens event (Mar 21) coupled with a Womens Elite World Cup one day event (Mar 22). Both events start in Bruges and finish in the coastal town of De Panne with a climb over the cobbled Kemmelberg.
* Mar 23 - E3 Grand Prix Harelbeke Classic - a Friday World Tour event over similar roads and bergs to the Tour of Flanders.
* Mar 24 - Ghent Wevelgem Cyclosportive - over 135k with a start & finish in Wevelgem (where the pro race finishes) with a loop out to the cobbled Kemmelberg & the Menin Gate at Ieper.
* Mar 25 - Johan Museeuw Classic Cyclosportive - starts & finishes in Harelbeke with the usual Flemish bergs near Oudenaarde on offer.
* Mar 25 - Ghent Wevelgem Classic - now starting in Deinze (20k from Ghent) with three Kemmelberg loops plus a Wevelgem finish.
* Mar 28 - Dwars Vlaanderen Classic - a switch of dates (with De Panne) places this new World Tour event in the prime calendar spot just before the Tour of Flanders.
* Mar 31 - Tour of Flanders Cyclosportive - start & finish in Oudenaarde with 17,000 starters.
* Apr 1 - Tour of Flanders Classic - the ultimate one day Classic now starting in Antwerp with an Oudenaarde finish. The Womens Flanders race starts in Oudenaarde.
* Apr 7 - Paris Roubaix Cyclosportive - starting & finishing at the famous Roubaix Velodrome with the cobbled roads built by Napoleon.
* Apr 8 - Paris Roubaix Classic - starts in Compiegne with a classic Roubaix Velodrome finish