BICISPORT MEMBER NEWS
* Wagga Weekend @ 1-2 July - Good quality fields made the trip for the Wagga Classic weekend with a 100k road race on the Saturday and a short criterium on the Sunday. Conor Tarlington went top 10 in Division 2 on the Saturday. Conor was a bunch finish in the Sunday criterium.
* RAW Track @ 30 June - RAW wins and placings across Graeme Cockerton, James Thornton & David Browne. David currently leads the Division 2 pointscore and Graeme leads Division 3.
* Mike O'Reilly has resigned as the NSW State Handicapper. Mike introduced the NSW Handicapping Policy in early 2015 and all NSW handicapping grades are now digitally recorded on the CycNSW membership system.
* Peter Livingstone (BiciSport Mobius) departs for Belgium this week, and commences racing in Belgium the week of 10 July. A separate "BiciSport in Flanders" website blog will be in this News section from that week and regularly updated.
RACING THIS WEEK
* 7 July - RAW Track @ DGV
* 8 July - NSW Teams Time Trial Championships (Nowra), Calga Road Race (Central Coast CC)
* 9 July - Eastern Creek Raceway (Waratah Masters)
BICISPORT TRAINING THIS WEEK
* 5 July - DGV Track training @ 3pm with John Crouchley
* 6 July - No Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride this week (due to Nowra TTT)
* 7 July - Nowra Airport TTT course recce (time tbc)
* 8 July - Moorebank Bridge @ 7.30am, Piemonte Café (coffee only) @ 9.30am
* 9 July - Greenwell Point @ 8.00am (to Currabanong Beach)
NOWRA TTT - TIMETABLE, WHERE TO MEET, RIDES, START TIMES, GREENWELL POINT
Timetable - Thursday .. meet at Greenwell Point Motel & nearby house (contact Mike O'Reilly on 0417 403 244). Friday - TTT course recce from Nowra Airport (Garadi Street) at 1pm (contact Mike on the day)
Saturday - Race day team start times are posted below. Team meeting point is in Garadi Street off Wugan Street at Nowra Airport (off Braidwood Rd). Riders need to be there no later than 90 minutes before your team start time. Greenwell Point Café dinner is @ 7pm and a 5 minute walk from the motel.
Sunday - BiciSport team ride over 50k starts at 8.00am from outside the Pelican Café in Greenwell Point to Currarong Beach & return
Open Men - Start Time - 10.12am - Conor Tarlington, Lachlan Haughey, Will Peters, Peter O'Sullivan, David Browne
Open Women - Start Time - 11.18am - Ruth Strapp, Su Preeto, Amber Walsh, Angela Smith
# 1 - Start Time - 11.46am - Ian Grainger, Brett Tarlington, Graeme Cocks, Raoul Westbrook, Peter Verhoeven, Peter O'Sullivan
# 3 - Start Time - 12.04pm - Mike Foster, Matt Coy, Giovanni Pilu, Simon Lempriere, Dean Gale, Ben Pines
# 2 - Start Time - 12.42pm - Graham Cockerton, Dom Zumbo, James Thornton, Tom Green, Peter Verhoeven, Peter O'Sullivan
# 1 - Start Time - 12.58am - Stewart Campbell, Mike O'Brien, Anthony Colantonio, Peter Verhoeven, Peter O'Sullivan
# - John Crouchley, Alex Simmons, Mike O'Reilly, Noel La Rose, Peter Davis, Jock Young
DERNY RESTORATION PROJECT
* John Crouchley (BiciSport Coach) has led the restoration project on the Sydney Olympic 2000 Dernys that were laying idle and in serious disrepair at the back of DGV Velodrome. The motorised dernys (originally made in Belgium) were used to pace track riders at DGV. Several practical issues have had to be overcome in the tedious restoration project, not least of which being the antiquated 2 stroke engines which were (and most certainly still are) notorious for failing to start after prolonged "non use" (lets try 16 years !). The derny pictured above has been fully detailed & restored and will be returned to DGV in a presentation case for general public display. A second derny has had a new 4 stroke engine fitted (much easier to start and increased performance) and has been successfully tested at DGV. The remaining dernys are in the process of being fully detailed and restored to their former Olympic glory. A big thankyou to the BiciSport restoration team who are actively involved in this ongoing project.