CYCLING AUSTRALIA ELITE NATIONAL ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS
Fine weather greeted a well organised National Championships in Ballarat. The Criterium was in the centre of the Ballarat CBD, the ITT just near Bunninyong some 10k from Ballarat and the Road Race was around the Mt Helen circuit finishing in the Bunninyong main street. . There was much discussion about "where to" in 2018 (see story below).
Criterium Under 23 - Peter Livingstone (BiciSport) was in several moves early but settled for a comfortable bunch finish in anticipation for Sundays road race
Road Race Under 23 - The U23 RR started with 125 riders in super hot conditions. After 3 laps 5 riders attacked & stayed away until lap 7 (of 13). Then a break of 9 riders chased (including Peter Livingstone) and bridged across forming the front group. Sam Jenner then soloed off the front with a bunch sprint of 8 riders contesting the Silver medal. A super courageous effort by Peter who was slightly distanced on the last climb but fought his way back to contest the Silver medal bunch sprint. Just 24 riders finished a super tough 132k.
RACING THIS WEEK
* Jan 13 - St Ives Criterium (MW)
* Jan 14-15 - NSW Track Championships (DGV)
* Jan 14-17 - Womens Tour DownUnder (SA) - Katie Brown (BiciSport) as NSWIS Director Sportif
* Jan 15 - Ourimbah Criteriums (Central Coast), Lansdowne Park (Waratah Masters)
BICISPORT TRAINING THIS WEEK
* Jan 9 - DGV Training with John Crouchley @ 3pm
* Jan 11 - DGV Training with John Crouchley @ 3pm
* Jan 12 - Distinguished Gentlemens Ride Centennial Park @ 10am
* Jan 14 - Meadowbank Bridge @ 7.30am, Piemonte Café (coffee only) @ 9.30am