Bicisport member news
* Tom Green took a fine Waratah Masters B grade win at ECR on 2 October
GRIFFITH MASTERS ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS 1-3 October
Griffith had hosted the two previous NSW Masters Road Championships in near perfect conditions. This year it was the turn of the National Masters Road Championships in much more difficult conditions. The rain came tumbling down right up until the Friday night before but the weekend dawned sunny & clear save for a strong wind which really toughened up the road races. The road races were on a 17k circuit near the Griffith Airport on the edge of town, the criteriums on a great city centre circuit, with the ITT using parts of the road race circuit.
Road Race - M1 - Brad Hamblett 3rd, Jeremy Hopson 5th. M2 - Ian Cocks 6th, David Munro 9th. M4 - Dean Gale 5th, Jordan Reizes 18th. M5 - Simon Lemperiere 11th, Matt Coy 24th, Anthony Colantonio 25th. M8 - Ian Grainger 13th.
Criteriums - M1 - Brad Hamblett 2nd, Jeremy Hopson 4th. M2 - David Munro 7th, Ian Cocks 13th. M8 - Ian Grainger 9th.
ITT - M5 - Anthony Colantonio 10th. M8 - Ian Grainger 5th
RACING THIS WEEK
* 3 Oct - Mt Ku Ring Gai (NS), National Masters Champs ITT (Griffith), Eastern Creek Raceway (Waratah Masters)
* 4 Oct - Heffron Park (RB) - Tuesday Night Series commence
* 7-8 Oct - National Junior Track Series
* 8 Oct - League of Wheelmen Reunion (Mt Pritchard) , Midlands Tour (Vic)
* 5-9 Oct - Tour of Tasmania (NRS) - Alex Simmons (BiciSport) as Chf Comm driver
* 1-7 Oct - World Masters Track Championships (Manchester UK) - Mike Smith (BiciSport)
BICISPORT TRAINING THIS WEEK
* 6 Oct - Centennial Park @ 11am
* 8 Oct - Meadowbank Bridge @ 7.30am, Piemonte Café @ 9.15am (coffee only)
* 9 Oct - Piemonte Café @ 8am for Akuna Bay Loop