BICISPORT MEMBER NEWS
* ATTA ITT @ Calga @ 1 July - Calga was the last opportunity for several Nowra TTT combinations to go through their paces. Conditions were best described as being freezing at a brisk 4 degrees on the start line. 43k option - Bicisport #3 (Cockerton, Green, Hall, Campbell) finished 9th from 32 starters @ 1hr6min46secs, BiciSport #2 (Grainger, Zumbo, Lawson) 23rd @ 1hr15min27secs. 25k option - Ruth Strapp 27th from 51 starters @ 43min07secs
RACING THIS WEEK
* 6 July - RAW Track (DGV Velodrome)
* 7 July - Metro & Country Championships (Penrith Lakes Regatta Centre). BiciSport starters include Dom Zumbo, Jordan Reizes, Peter Verhoeven, Mike Lawson, Jeremy Hopson, Ian Grainger, Melissa Budd, Peter Budd, Graham Cockerton & Brett Cocks
* 8 July - Eastern Creek Raceway (Waratah Masters), Criterium Ourimbah University (Central Coast CC), West Head Road Race (Manly CC)
BICISPORT GROUP RIDES THIS WEEK
For further details please contact 0417 403 244
* Motor traffic conditions are HEAVIER with the NSW School Term in full swing.
* Note -
- Major roadworks
- Forest Way (at Forestville & Terrey Hills)
- Warringah Rd (at Allambie Heights intersection)
- Warriewood Valley (new roundabouts near McPherson St)
- Pittwater Rd at Collaroy Beach to Narrabeen Beach (centre of the road)
- Dangerous Mona Vale Rd roadworks outside Piemonte Cafe-Hills Nursery Terrey Hills
- New "Clearway" provisions now prevail along Forest Way from the Forestville end towards Belrose.
- Roadworks (periodic lane changes) continue along Military Rd between Cremorne & Neutral Bay
- All group rides are cancelled if wet
* 4 July (Wed) - Berowra Gruppetto @ 7.30am @ opposite Berowra Railway Station for 60k to Calga & return. Dunc Gray Velodrome 100 Lapper @ 7.00pm (a fast & slow group)
* 5 July (Thurs) - Happy Wheels Waterloo Ride @ 6.00am @ Happy Wheels shop at Waterloo. Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride @ 10.30am @ Spruce Goose Cafe Centennial Park.
* 7 July - Bennelong Bridge (East Side) @ Rhodes @ 8.00am (4x10k loops around SOPA)
* 8 July - Sydney Olympic Park @ Hill St Wharf @ 7.00am.
BICISPORT NOWRA TEAM TIME TRIAL TEAMS - SATURDAY 21 JULY
* The BiciSport TTT program for Nowra 2018 is detailed below. The Championships are open to all BiciSport riders and includes those riders who may hold a Ride Licence (and may wish to just compete on this one team day of the year).
* For the Nowra Championships BiciSport will pay all team entry fees & provide team & mechanical support for the 21 July Championships. Additionally BiciSport will pay for the Saturday night accommodation at the Greenwell Point Motel with an organised 50k team ride to Currarong Beach on the Sunday morning. Alternatively, riders may elect to compete in the Ride for Robbie race on the Sunday morning.
* All BiciSport riders are encouraged to enter the Cervelo Masters Super Series (July 15) at the Western Sydney Dragway
* BiciSport Team nominations are now open and should be directed via email to
- Contact email firstname.lastname@example.org or Mike O'Reilly on 0417 403 244
* BiciSport Training Schedule
July 7 (Sat) - Penrith Lakes Regatta Centre (after Metro & Country Championships for the Masters 180+ team of Grainger, Lawson, Zumbo, Verhoeven & Budd)
July 8 (Sun) - Piemonte Cafe Terrey Hills (meet 7.00am, depart 7.30am)
July 15 - Cervelo Masters Super Series #3
July 21 (Sat) - NSW TTT Championships (Nowra Airport)
July 22 (Sun) - BiciSport Team Ride from Greenwell Point at 8.00am to Currabong Beach & return, or the Ride for Robbie CyclingNSW Open