WELCOME To the Following new Members
* Viv Brimelow (new member)
* Ben Elliott (from Sydney Cycling Club)
* Su Preeto (new)
* Peter O'Sullivan (new)
* Graeme Cocks (from Peloton Sports CC)
* Brett Cocks (from Manly Warringah CC)
* Stephanie Cockerton (new member)
* Dianne Townsend (new member)
* Karl Hoad (from Dulwich Hill CC)
* Adam Kibble (from Peloton Sports CC)
* Matt Karai (new member)
* Peter Livingstone (from Dulwich Hill CC)
FAREWELL to the FOLLOWING
* Brad Hamblett (to Brisbane Cycling Club - Cobra9 Interbuild Masters)
* Bruce Nixon (to Manly Warringah CC)
* Vicki Austin (to Bathurst CC)
* Peter Austin (to Bathurst CC)
* Kevin Bababian (to St George CC)
How do I join BiciSport or renew my current membership ?
Your have two options. The on-line option (option 1) is the preferred way to go.
Option 1 - do it on line
- click on the `Membership` tab at the top of the webpage
- Go to the `Member Log In` tab
- Go to `New Members`
- click through to `New Registration` to join BiciSport on-line
- select the `Cycling New South Wales` & `BiciSport` prompts
- select the desired membership category
- Confirm the Terms & Conditions (tick the bottom box)
- complete the individual name/contact details section
- make the membership payment (Visa or Mastercard only)
- CA will email you an email receipt
- Print off a copy of the email receipt (to produce to local race officials until the plastic license arrives via Australia Post)
Option 2 - pick up a form & write a cheque
- email Mike O`Reilly at email@example.com
- Mike will send the forms out to you in the Australia Post mail
What happens then ?
If you join on-line Cycling Australia will automatically issue a receipt via email as a membership confirmation.
Print off this email receipt and take it with you to each race (as a membership receipt) until your plastic CA-BiciSport license arrives via Australia Post about 3 weeks later. Note - you can race immediately upon receiving the interim receipt via email from Cycling Australia or BiciSport.
The membership categories are -
Gold Racing License - a full competitive licence, which covers all northside club racing plus track & road events, and all National & State Championships. Renewal terms are on a calendar basis - meaning 1 October of the previous year to 31 December of the following year. However, there are options with this full Racing licence (see below).
Silver Ride Licence - designed for recreational riders, cyclo sportives, gran fondos, social & charity rides, selected time trials, club training & coffee shop rides. Renewal terms are on a rolling renewal basis
Platinium License [for Club VIPs] - designed for non racing members who provide their time as officials, commissaires, club administrators and coaches
If you take out a Masters Gold Racing licence - this enables you to:
- enter Masters events
- enter Club events
- enter NSW Open events, but
- restricts Masters riders from contesting Elite Championships
If you take out an Elite Gold Racing licence - this enables you to:
- enter ANY racing event (including Elite Championship events),
- contest any Masters category Championships in the same year (for the over 30s).
- this has a significant positive impact on riders who hold Elite licences - they are now eligible to race in all Masters events in Australia.
Racing licence renewal term options are -
- Racing 15 month option - from 1 October (of the previous year) to 31 December (essentially 15 months membership for the price of 12 months), or
- Racing 6 month option - from 1 July (at reduced rates), out to 31 December of that same year. Six monthly fees are -
- Elite - $198 (club retains $20)
- J19, Masters (under 65 yrs) - $132 (club retains $10)
- J17, Masters (over 65 years) - $77 (club retains $10)
BiciSport membership fees are -
BiciSport retains between $5-$24 of the fees listed below to cover club registration fees (with CyclingNSW), team entry fees to the NSW Team Time Trial Championships (Track & Road) and BiciSport website support and upgrade costs.
Gold Racing licence
- Elite Men & Women - B`day during 1986 to 1996 - $315 (club retains $24)
- Masters 1 to 7 - B`day during 1985 to 1951 - $242 (club retains $24)
- Masters 8 plus - B`day during 1950 then before - $145 (club retains $12)
- Junior Under 19 - B`day during 1997 & 1998 - $242 (club retains $24)
- Junior Under 17 - B`day during 1999 & 2000 - $145 (club retains $12)
- Junior Under 15 - B`day during 2001 & 2002 - $145 (club retains $12)
- Junior Under 13 - B`day during 2003 & 2004 - $66 (club retains $11)
Platinium (Club VIP) License
- All categories - $34 (club retains $7)
- Club Racing - $33 (Day Permits exclude Interclubs, Opens, some Championships)
Cycling Australia Insurance Benefits
Your annual Cycling Australia licence also includes Insurance coverage applicable whilst performing duties related to Cycling Australia. In broad terms this cover also applies to organised club rides & training activities prepared or endorsed by a CA accredited coach. This insurance cover does not cover you when you are overseas. Seperate cover is required when travelling overseas.
In summary, the Insurance Policy benefits are -
- $20m public liability cover
- $5m professional indemnity cover
- personal accident insurance (capital benefits of $10,000)
- loss of income insurance ($200 per week, capped at 52 weeks/$2,000)
- several exclusions include - private health insurance, income protection, life insurance, workers compensation, compulsory third party insurance, trauma/disablility insurance
For further insurance coverage details contact Cycling Australia.